You know every minute matters. How can you marshal the resources you need and actively address the issue without incurring additional liability?
When a crisis happens, the natural response often is to pull down the shades, lock the doors, and keep everyone out until you develop a solution.
The problem is that people inside and outside your company still need information - and if you don't communicate, rumors and speculation will abound.
We have helped many clients create crisis communications plans, train their employees on how to use them, and conduct drills to update and improve their plans. We also work with companies that have no plan and have been caught off-guard, assisting them in dealing with the immediate issues, then creating a plan to handle any future events.
Communicating the right message at the right time is critical to managing a business crisis. In emergency situations, there are multiple audiences - employees, customers, investors, the media, the community and government agencies - with multiple needs. Responding quickly and with confidence is the only way to demonstrate your organizations ability to face, and overcome, a business crisis.
Effective Planning and Response
Before a crisis occurs, we help you with critical communications planning procedures:
- Identify message points
- Coach corporate leadership on effective communication techniques
- Position key personnel as crisis communicators in all relevant business locations
- Establish relationships with the media, the investment community and government agencies
- Simulate a crisis and test communication channels
During an event, we assist with these processes:
- Coordinate internal and external messaging tactics
- Communicate directly with the media in all relevant capacities, such as press conferences, web sites, radio and television announcements, press releases
- Act as a liaison between your company and government agencies, if necessary
- Provide follow-up communication to enhance ongoing public perception